Ameesha Patel Denies The News Of Contesting Elections

Ameesha Patel
Ameesha Patel
For some days before there were news in every news paper that like Sanjay Dutt, another Bollywood actor Ameesha Patel is also set to contest Lok Sabha elections. It was said that she will contest the Lok Sabha elections for National Congress Party from Rajkot seat in Gujarat.
It was stated in the news paper that the NCP chief for Gujarat, Jayant Patel quoting, “I called up Ameeshaji… and sought her contest (to fight elections). She agreed immediately.”
However the actress denies the news and said, “No no no! I am not… I repeat I am not contesting elections.”
Denying the news Ameesha said, “Numerous parties have approached me to contest the elections. And, this is not the first time that such a thing has happened. But, once and for all, I want to clarify that I’m not getting into politics right now. I don’t know who has been giving such confirmations, but the news is anything but true. I need to make my stand clear officially.”
But there is no smoke without fire because her grandfather Barrister Rajni Patel was the eminent lawyer and was right hand man to the late PM Mrs. Indira Gandhi. He was the Congress Committee President of Mumbai.
She said, “Maybe, it’s my family’s association with politics that gets the rumours mills working overtime.”
Ameesha says that she was the favourite grandchild and has fond memories of her grandfather.
“He wasn’t around when the other grand children were growing up. Maybe, it’s my association with him that fuels such rumours,” adds Ameesha.
Ameesha cleared that she is not doing it right now but will definitely on the cards for the future as right now she is busy with her film schedules.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top